So when can I become an Australian citizen?
As a rule, Australian citizenship is available to permanent visaholders once they have been living in Australia for 4 years, of which the last 12 months must be as a permanent resident: periods while living lawfully in Australia as a temporary visaholder can be counted in accumulating the 4 years of residence in Australia.
- I have a job offer. Can I move to Australia on an employer sponsored 482 visa, and apply for a permanent residency visa once I am living in Australia?
- I am overweight / diabetic / recovering from a heart condition / have had depression etc. Does this mean I will fail the medical and can’t move to Australia?
- When should I obtain my police clearance certificate and attend medical examinations?
- I have heard that permanent residency visas are only valid for 5 years. I thought I could live in Australia indefinitely as the holder of such a visa?
- How long do I have after my visa is granted before I can move to Australia?
- What is a permanent residency visa?
Ask a question
If you have any questions or need help choosing the right visa, please call us or complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.