What is a permanent residency visa?
A permanent residency visa is a visa that allows you to live and work in Australia indefinitely. Permanent visaholders can enrol in Australia’s Medicare system, which provides access to the public healthcare system.
- I have a job offer. Can I move to Australia on an employer sponsored 482 visa, and apply for a permanent residency visa once I am living in Australia?
- I am overweight / diabetic / recovering from a heart condition / have had depression etc. Does this mean I will fail the medical and can’t move to Australia?
- When should I obtain my police clearance certificate and attend medical examinations?
- I have heard that permanent residency visas are only valid for 5 years. I thought I could live in Australia indefinitely as the holder of such a visa?
- How long do I have after my visa is granted before I can move to Australia?
- So when can I become an Australian citizen?
Ask a question
If you have any questions or need help choosing the right visa, please call us or complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.